Thursday, June 4, 2009

Start of a New Series of Frescoes June 2009

Here are a few of my new series of frescoes. Over the next few weeks I will be showing some of them on this blog, and talking about my problems and successes. I now have a new set of brighter colours. Here is Camelia 09 This is the first I painted with the new clearer colours.
Here is a testplate which I made to show both the opaque and the transparent qualities of the range of colours, and how they appeared both over and under a colour, and whether they would fade over time. I am told a fresco will last 10,000 years, so I hope I won`t notice any fading in my lifetime.
Up till now, I`ve felt hampered by my lack of vibrant colouirs suitable for flower painting, and it was a lovely feeling painting a pink flower from my bountiful bush in full flower. Next post I will put more about my method.

No comments: